FORUM ROCK A BILLIES FEVER
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

FORUM ROCK A BILLIES FEVER

♫ FORUM ROCK N ROLL, ROCKABILLY - FORTIES & FIFTIES ♫

AccueilDernières imagesRechercherS'enregistrerConnexion
Le Deal du moment : -20%
-20% Récupérateur à eau mural 300 ...
Voir le deal
79 €

RUSTY & THE DRAGSTRIP TRIO

3 participants
AuteurMessage
PEARLY
ADMIN & Fondatrice
ADMIN & Fondatrice
PEARLY

Féminin Messages : 24711

RUSTY & THE DRAGSTRIP TRIO Empty
MessageSujet: RUSTY & THE DRAGSTRIP TRIO   RUSTY & THE DRAGSTRIP TRIO I_icon12Jeu 6 Mai 2010 - 14:58

RUSTY & THE DRAGSTRIP TRIO L_ef360b90337441c087238c9fe1bee938

http://www.myspace.com/rustydragstriptrio

RUSTY & THE DRAGSTRIP TRIO L_e2f3d75aded84e33b73da83baf76889c
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
PEARLY
ADMIN & Fondatrice
ADMIN & Fondatrice
PEARLY

MessageSujet: Re: RUSTY & THE DRAGSTRIP TRIO   RUSTY & THE DRAGSTRIP TRIO I_icon12Jeu 6 Mai 2010 - 15:01

Playing For You, Rusty & The Dragstrip Trio RUSTY & THE DRAGSTRIP TRIO StarRUSTY & THE DRAGSTRIP TRIO StarRUSTY & THE DRAGSTRIP TRIO StarRUSTY & THE DRAGSTRIP TRIO StarRUSTY & THE DRAGSTRIP TRIO Star
Independent, RDST 0001

RUSTY & THE DRAGSTRIP TRIO Rustydragstriptrio1RUSTY & THE DRAGSTRIP TRIO Rustydragstriptrio2

This Rusty & The Dragstrip Trio debut album can be utterly enjoyed in either one of two ways. You can get on the dance floor and bop like wild, or you can sit back and relax and let the music tingle your ears and skin. Since I'm not eighteen anymore, and haven't been for a long time, I prefer the second option. Eyes closed, bass woofer on max output, neighbours banging on the walls, who gives a damn. This is rockabilly music the way it was meant to be, great live sound, superb vocals, sparkling guitar licks and groovy rhythms. The story below was provided by Rusty & The Dragstrip Trio and I can assure you that it's all true and in no way exaggerated. These cats play the coolest and the hottest rockabilly music! --The BlackCat --

Rusty & The Dragstrip Trio formed in early 2001 in Perth, Australia, and have been playing regularly in pubs, clubs and several large corporate and festival shows, including a crowd stopping performance at the recent Margret River Wine festival. Leaning towards a traditional sound and look from the 1950s they play songs from the vaults of Sun Studios, the sounds of early Elvis, hot rod songs to train tunes and those great rockabilly obscurities you won't hear anywhere else. As well as going crazy on stage, they can also pull back and play some spooky ballads and blues numbers. The band never fails to deliver the goods and has received an energetic response every time they have played. Clear the floor, make room to move, once these cats start, everyone is going to hoot and holler and it is going to be hard to stop the bop!

Now Rusty & The Dragstrip Trio, would like to present their first CD "Playing for You", packed with straight down the line raw 1950's rockabilly. Recorded "live" at Satellite Studios, Perth, Western Australia and produced by Darren Halifax, Rusty and the boys got the sound they were looking for. As much as valve equipment was preferred, it wasn't available - but in the end, the result speaks for itself. It's raw, it's live, it's rockabilly. Recorded in one day, it is a 17 track CD with 10 originals written by all members of the band that is sure to send you to the moon and back.
With inspirations from the legendary Sun Studios to the way out sounds from south of the border, these hepsters play for you: "Where Can She Be", a country rockabilly tune influenced by Hank Williams, tells the story of a heart-broken man searchin' for his gal; For B-Grade movie fans comes the tale of "The Creature".

This boppin', rockabilly monster song will be sure to make you scream - beware of the creature!; Rusty pulls back the CD with the ballad "In Love With You", this is where you get Rusty at his best and realise his biggest inspiration: Elvis; Let's get crazy, let's get gone, "Crazy Bad Boy Blues". Driven by a slide guitar, wailin' vocals and a knocked-out rhythm section, this bluesy rockabilly tune gets 'em dancin every time; and then they take you down to ol' Mexico with "Blue Moon Baby", a favourite of the band where they all cut loose! They also play tribute to legends such as Pat Cupp (Do Me No Wrong), Arthur Crudup (My Baby Left Me), Don Jonston (Born to Love One Woman) and Benny Joy (Wild, Wild Lover), to name a few.
Rusty, the front man for the Dragstrip Trio, is a powerhouse of vocals. With a combination of early Elvis and that raw sound that was buzzing around Memphis in the 50's, this cat can wail and move like somethin' else! Look out man, you're gonna hear a freight train comin'! That's Matt on lead guitar, influenced by Scotty Moore and Merle Travis, he is sure to make the fussiest cats bop. From skull maracas, cow bell and rim shots, he's sure to beat out a hep tune with a solid Beat. It's Rhys on drums. Richie - a heavy handed, slap happy daddy who hoots and hollers while pounding that doghouse bass. He is influenced by Elvis, Scotty and Bill and the Johnny Burnette Trio. With this combination, they deliver a raw, authentic 50's sound. So from the worn out and scuffed up dance floor at the Mustang Bar in Perth, Western Australia, we bring you Rusty and the Dragstrip Trio... Dig it all you hep cats!!!

NEW CD OUT "I AIN'T READY" (2006), CLICK HERE
Rusty & The Dragstrip Trio are:
Russell (Rusty) - Lead Vocals
Matt- Lead Guitar
Rhys - Sticks and Skins
Richie - Doghouse Bass

Contact information:
realgone@westnet.com.au
http://www.rustyandthedragstriptrio.com
Phone: +61 (0) 423 260 252

Written by Rusty & The Dragstrip Trio
Additional notes by The BlackCat, 2003

RUSTY & THE DRAGSTRIP TRIO Icon_arrow http://www.rockabilly.nl/reviews/rustydragstriptrio.htm
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
PEARLY
ADMIN & Fondatrice
ADMIN & Fondatrice
PEARLY

MessageSujet: Re: RUSTY & THE DRAGSTRIP TRIO   RUSTY & THE DRAGSTRIP TRIO I_icon12Jeu 6 Mai 2010 - 15:16