FORUM ROCK A BILLIES FEVER
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

FORUM ROCK A BILLIES FEVER

♫ FORUM ROCK N ROLL, ROCKABILLY - FORTIES & FIFTIES ♫

AccueilDernières imagesRechercherS'enregistrerConnexion
-50%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
-50% Baskets Nike Air Huarache
64.99 € 129.99 €
Voir le deal

THE PICCADILLY BULLFROGS

4 participants
AuteurMessage
PEARLY
ADMIN & Fondatrice
ADMIN & Fondatrice
PEARLY

Féminin Messages : 24711

THE PICCADILLY BULLFROGS Empty
MessageSujet: THE PICCADILLY BULLFROGS   THE PICCADILLY BULLFROGS I_icon12Ven 3 Juin 2011 - 17:54

THE PICCADILLY BULLFROGS 22462210

The Piccadilly Bullfrogs is a band within a band. Singer Danny, guitarist Pete and bassist Trundle are all members of Big-Beat Rock 'n' Roll band The Stargazers, who decided, some time around Christmas 2008, to form an old-school Rocking trio.

Elements of Hillbilly Blues, Country Boogie, Skiffle and other mid 20th Century music disciplines were all wrapped around a central framework of Rockabilly, perfectly suited to the band's line-up. Pared-back and earthy, low-tech and primitive, this is what Roots music should sound like.

Hometown: London, UK
Membres :

Danny - vocals, acoustic guitar, washboard
Pete - guitar, backing vocals
Trundle - double bass, backing vocals

Source : The Piccadilly Bullfrogs

ReverbNation Profile: www.reverbnation.com/thepiccadillybullfrogs

SPACE : http://www.myspace.com/piccadillybullfrogs

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Piccadilly Bullfrogs - Hoppers, Boppers, & Rockers [2011]

THE PICCADILLY BULLFROGS Piccadilly-hoppers
Rhythm Bomb CD RBR 5722
Move Around - Cutthroat Joe - Boppin` The Blues - Banksy - Wildcat Tamer - No Time To Lose - Sunshine Hop - I Could Have Been Somebody - The Ace Boogie - Right String Baby - Don`t Hold Back - Ride Ride Ride

Who are the Piccabilly Bullfrogs? The name may not be familiar to you, but the musicians are: Peter Davenport, Danny Brittain and Tim Purkess, all of Stargazers fame. But most of all, the Piccadilly Bullfrogs are nothing less than one of the most exciting rockabilly combo to appear in years, yes sir! Two guitars, one double bass and tons of talent. Their debut album features 12 tracks, eight originals and four covers. It’s been entirely recorded in single takes with no overdub, in glorious mono on an old tape machine with a "ridiculously cheap and nasty microphone (...) and the end results are at the very lowest end of the lo-fi spectrum!".

So you’ve been warned, if you expect slick production that comes from a multi tracks studio and lots of overdubs this album is not for you. But if you dig music that breathes life, with raw edges that takes you back to the glorious days of Sun or Meteor, jump on this one. The instrumentation is almost entirely acoustic with just what I suppose to be a small amp for the electric guitar. While I listened to this little jewel I couldn’t help but think about Pat Cupp when he talked about his 50’s recordings: “That's easy, you see back then, we were doing acoustic music. There were no mics on the drum, no amp for the bass, no loud PA system. The guitar amp was pushing 5 watts. The volume was kept low and we got a real acoustic sound with that thumping bass and rhythm guitar.” That’s exactly what the Piccadilly Bullfrogs are: pure and unadulterated rockabilly.
The songs are varied and very well crafted too, from Cutthroat Joe (that sounds like Carl Perkins, Marty Robbins and the Three Penny Opera all rolled into one) to the skiffle tinged sound of Ride, Ride, Ride and lots of boppin’ in between, including a tribute to the famous Ace Café in the form of a boogie (The Ace Boogie).

No need to say that with each of them having 30 years of experience the musicianship is top notch too. Davenport plays inventive solos one after one and delivers a fine instrumental too (Sunshine Hop), and Brittain and Purkess provide the beat.
Forget the rest, take the best, the Piccadilly Biullfrogs are here.

Fred "Virgil" Turgis

Source : http://jumpingfrom6to6.blogspot.com/2011/05/piccadilly-bullfrogs-hoppers-boppers.html
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
PEARLY
ADMIN & Fondatrice
ADMIN & Fondatrice
PEARLY

MessageSujet: Re: THE PICCADILLY BULLFROGS   THE PICCADILLY BULLFROGS I_icon12Ven 3 Juin 2011 - 17:59

The Piccadilly Bullfrogs -- "The Walking Beat"

The Piccadilly Bullfrogs -- "Oh Marie"

The Piccadilly Bullfrogs - No Time to Lose

The Piccadilly Bullfrogs "Mystery Train"

PEARLY
ADMIN & Fondatrice
ADMIN & Fondatrice
PEARLY

MessageSujet: Re: THE PICCADILLY BULLFROGS   THE PICCADILLY BULLFROGS I_icon12Ven 3 Juin 2011 - 18:04

The Piccadilly Bullfrogs -- "Groove, Baby, Groove"

The Piccadilly Bullfrogs -- "Tossin' & Turnin"

The Piccadilly Bullfrogs -- "Jump around"

The Piccadilly Bullfrogs "There Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens"

JOLIO
Modérateur
Modérateur
JOLIO

Masculin Messages : 4177
Emploi/loisirs : artisan / guitare, steel guitar, net radio, pc et bien sur le rock'n'roll 50's et tout ce qui gravite autour

MessageSujet: Re: THE PICCADILLY BULLFROGS   THE PICCADILLY BULLFROGS I_icon12Ven 3 Juin 2011 - 19:59

En mode jump'n'jive rien à redire ça swingue! ça jump ! et c'est fait pour..........en revanche en mode trio rien a redire non plus sur le son..... c'est propre c'est bien joué mais ça manque un peu d'energie tout ça !...........en même temps avec tout les groupes de l'est qui débarquent, la concurrence est rude !!
Pvt ugly
Mega Rockin'
Mega Rockin'
Pvt ugly

Masculin Messages : 1520

MessageSujet: Re: THE PICCADILLY BULLFROGS   THE PICCADILLY BULLFROGS I_icon12Ven 3 Juin 2011 - 20:04

Hellooo,

Un chouette groupe que j'ai decouvert il y a peu.....Et ??? Il me semblais bien les reconnaitres !!! .....( J'avais d'ailleur envie de faire un post )
Et bien, merci pour tous ces precieux renseignements Pearly !!!

Sinon, même longueur d'onde que Jolio !!! C'est quand même vachement carré...!!!
Jum
Mega Rockin'
Mega Rockin'
Jum

Masculin Messages : 1389

MessageSujet: Re: THE PICCADILLY BULLFROGS   THE PICCADILLY BULLFROGS I_icon12Ven 3 Juin 2011 - 23:16

Moi je trouve ça tout simplement très bon,surtout en trio,c'est bon pour mes oreilles sans un batteur qui tape comme un mulet..... hé hé !
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: THE PICCADILLY BULLFROGS   THE PICCADILLY BULLFROGS I_icon12

THE PICCADILLY BULLFROGS
Page 1 sur 1