FORUM ROCK A BILLIES FEVER
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

FORUM ROCK A BILLIES FEVER

♫ FORUM ROCK N ROLL, ROCKABILLY - FORTIES & FIFTIES ♫

AccueilDernières imagesRechercherS'enregistrerConnexion
-21%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
LEGO® Icons 10329 Les Plantes Miniatures, Collection Botanique
39.59 € 49.99 €
Voir le deal

JOHNNY LODA

3 participants
AuteurMessage
PEARLY
ADMIN & Fondatrice
ADMIN & Fondatrice
PEARLY

Féminin Messages : 24711

JOHNNY LODA Empty
MessageSujet: JOHNNY LODA   JOHNNY LODA I_icon12Lun 28 Fév 2011 - 14:25

BAND'S BIO

JOHNNY LODA Cd

JOHNNY LODA & THE ECHORECS
(Rock'n Roll and Rockabilly professional style)

Johnny Loda: Lead guitar & lead vocals

Matteo "Doghouse" Rorato: Double Bass & vocals

Severino "Tommy" Tomasella: Drums & vocals

but I also have another wild act called:

... and this is my story ...

The beginning of my career as a rockabilly guitarist and singer dates back to the 1982 when as a sixteen-years-old boy I gave life to my first band, Nervous Kids and The Thunderbolts. However, if you wish to date back to my musical roots, you have to make a step back to the early 70’s.

I started playing the guitar when I was 8. My teacher was the mother of Luca Menegozzo, a guy who later has become my double bass player and who mostly has worked together with me during my career as a musician.

I studied classical music until that fatal august of 1977 when the GREAT ELVIS left this valley of tears and my mother bought the LP “The Rockin’ Days”……I was extremely struck by the music and even by the films that in those days the tv broadcasted. Since that moment, although so young, I understood that rockabilly music would become part of my nature. .

I spent many year confined in my room where I played and sang until one day I finally was able to create my first band. I started performing when I was still a teen-ager.

In 1986, after the military service, I “made up” the Rockin’ Rebels. Together with them I played and sang Rock’n roll and Rockabilly all over Italy for many years earning a widespread success from the audience and even from the musical criticism.

I performed in the most important festivals of the period dedicated to 50’s music.

I recorded many songs in many compilations, until in 1992, when I finally created, together with the piano and the double bass players of the Rockin’ Rebels, the Silverjacks, a band consecrated to Rock’n roll, Swing and Jump and Jive.

With the Silverjacks I performed for almost 10 years, at the beginning only as a guitarist but later even as a singer and, in 1997, I recorded my first album “Breakfast on the Moon” and took part in many festivals both in Italy and abroad.

After several rockin’ and swingin’ years, I perceived in my soul a call of the more authentic and pure Rockabilly, I mean that sound that made me fall in love many years before. Therefore, I have started to play in trio; the result is the Ace’s Trio.

The Ace’s Trio, initially born as a three fixed elements band, has now become a plan as a soloist, under the name of Johnny Loda, where I can rely on the collaboration of different artists of the Italian Rockabilly scene.

JOHNNY LODA New CD Front

Arrow WEBSITE

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

That's Me, Johnny Loda
Blue Lake Records BLR CD02

JOHNNY LODA Johnnyloda1JOHNNY LODA Johnnyloda2
The beginning of Johnny's career as a rockabilly guitarist dates back to the 1982 when, as a sixteen-years-old boy, he started his first band "Nervous Kids and The Thunderbolts". However, if you wish to date back to his musical roots, you have to make a step back to the early 70's. Loda started playing the guitar when he was 8. His teacher was Luca Menegozzo's mother, Luca later became Johnny's double bass player.

Johnny studied classical music until that fatal day in august of 1977 when the Great Elvis left this valley of tears and his mother bought the LP "The Rockin' Days". Johnny was struck by the music and even by the films that were regularly broadcasted on TV in those days. Ever since that moment, although still young, Johnny knew that rockabilly music would become part of his life.
In 1986, after spending time in the military service, Johnny formed "The Rockin' Rebels", playing rock 'n' roll and rockabilly music all over Italy, earning recognition from both audience and musical critics. Loda recorded many songs, released on various compilations, until 1992, when he started a new band called "The Silverjacks" with the piano and the double bass players of the Rebels. They were on the road for almost 10 years, at first as a guitarist, but Johnny also took on singing later on.
The Silverjacks recorded their an album titled "Breakfast on the Moon" and they played at many festivals both in Italy and abroad. After many rockin' and swingin' years, Johnny felt that he would rather do more pure and authentic rockabilly music and started a new band "Ace's Trio", but shortly after that he went solo using his stage name "Johnny Loda" (his real name is Ettore Chiavinato). Johnny can rely on the collaboration and support of many different artists of the Italian rockabilly scene.

We now write 2004, a new milestone in Johnny's long carreer, the release of his first full lenght solo CD on Blue Lake Records, Switzerland. A well presented package, although with an odd photo on the front cover, but with lots of info and pictures on the 8-page inlay which also include lyrics of Johnny's original songs (3 out of 15 on this album).

Among the 12 carefully selected cover songs is a fabulous rockabilly rendition of one of my all time favorites "Where The Rio de Rosa Flows", but in fact all songs sound just great, proving that Johnny is indeed an excellent guitar player and also a pretty good singer, with just a slight Italian accent. The CD also contains a 10 minute MPEG video, playable on a PC, with a picture slideshow, live recordings, studio out-takes and rare black & white movie footage. Good job!

Musicians:
Johnny Loda - Lead Guitar, Lead Vocals
Lucky Linetti - Lap steel, Ukulele, Acoustic Guitar
Luca Menegozzo - Double Bass
Andrea Bertoncello - Drums
Juan Carlos Rodriguez - Guitar on Rio de Rosa

Tracklisting:
Go, Boy, Go / Sleepin' (Under The Old Oak Tree) / I Don't Need / Little Ramona (Gone Hillbilly Nut) / Back In The Cruel World / Goofin' Around / Misery / Where De Rio De Rosa Flows / Sweet 50's Gal / Cherokee Boogie / Red Headed Woman / When My Baby Left Me / Catfish Boogie / Daredevil Love / Just Because

Contact information:
info@johnnyloda.com
http://www.johnnyloda.com

Blue Lake Records
1801 Le Mont-Pèrelin
Switzerland
Phone: +41 (0) 21 922 76 92
contact@bluelake.ch
http://www.bluelake.ch
Reviewed by The BlackCat, 2004

Source : http://www.rockabilly.nl/reviews/johnnyloda.htm
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
PEARLY
ADMIN & Fondatrice
ADMIN & Fondatrice
PEARLY

Féminin Messages : 24711

JOHNNY LODA Empty
MessageSujet: Re: JOHNNY LODA   JOHNNY LODA I_icon12Lun 28 Fév 2011 - 14:39

Johnny Loda -- Catfish Boogie

Johnny Loda -- Go, Boy, Go

Johnny Loda Trio live - THE ROCKIN' GIPSY

Johnny Loda Trio live - CHEROKEE BOOGIE

Johnny Loda Trio live - ALL I CAN DO IS CRY

Jum
Mega Rockin'
Mega Rockin'
Jum

Masculin Messages : 1389

JOHNNY LODA Empty
MessageSujet: Re: JOHNNY LODA   JOHNNY LODA I_icon12Lun 28 Fév 2011 - 19:25

Merci ma PEARLY....... Excellent....,je danse tout seul..... :8745:
JOLIO
Modérateur
Modérateur
JOLIO

Masculin Messages : 4177
Emploi/loisirs : artisan / guitare, steel guitar, net radio, pc et bien sur le rock'n'roll 50's et tout ce qui gravite autour

JOHNNY LODA Empty
MessageSujet: Re: JOHNNY LODA   JOHNNY LODA I_icon12Lun 28 Fév 2011 - 21:36

Bon potentiel musical.......dommage que ce ne soit que de la reprise, à suivre !
Contenu sponsorisé

JOHNNY LODA Empty
MessageSujet: Re: JOHNNY LODA   JOHNNY LODA I_icon12

JOHNNY LODA
Page 1 sur 1