FORUM ROCK A BILLIES FEVER
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

FORUM ROCK A BILLIES FEVER

♫ FORUM ROCK N ROLL, ROCKABILLY - FORTIES & FIFTIES ♫

AccueilDernières imagesRechercherS'enregistrerConnexion
Le Deal du moment :
Pokémon EV06 : où acheter le Bundle Lot ...
Voir le deal

JED CLAYTON AND THE ROCKABOUTS

5 participants
AuteurMessage
bebopcapitol
Fabulous Fifties
Fabulous Fifties
bebopcapitol

Masculin Messages : 2625

JED CLAYTON AND THE ROCKABOUTS Empty
MessageSujet: JED CLAYTON AND THE ROCKABOUTS   JED CLAYTON AND THE ROCKABOUTS I_icon12Jeu 10 Fév 2011 - 19:44

Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Pvt ugly
Mega Rockin'
Mega Rockin'
Pvt ugly

Masculin Messages : 1520

MessageSujet: Re: JED CLAYTON AND THE ROCKABOUTS   JED CLAYTON AND THE ROCKABOUTS I_icon12Jeu 10 Fév 2011 - 20:48

Tres bon !!!
JOLIO
Modérateur
Modérateur
JOLIO

Masculin Messages : 4177
Emploi/loisirs : artisan / guitare, steel guitar, net radio, pc et bien sur le rock'n'roll 50's et tout ce qui gravite autour

MessageSujet: Re: JED CLAYTON AND THE ROCKABOUTS   JED CLAYTON AND THE ROCKABOUTS I_icon12Jeu 10 Fév 2011 - 21:03

Sur quel label sont-ils distribués ?
PEARLY
ADMIN & Fondatrice
ADMIN & Fondatrice
PEARLY

Féminin Messages : 24711

MessageSujet: Re: JED CLAYTON AND THE ROCKABOUTS   JED CLAYTON AND THE ROCKABOUTS I_icon12Ven 11 Fév 2011 - 19:56

Jed Clayton & The Rockabouts hail from Sweden, the band was formed in 2000 and already have quite a good name on the rockabilly and western swing scene. They have released two full length CD's so far, the first being "What's Up Tonight" (ETCD-2060) and the second of course is this new release "Swing Into Action", both on the Spanish El Toro label. I associated the name Jed Clayton is immediatly with the old wild west, probably due to John Derek's character with that name in the 1953 Columbia Picture "The Last Posse".

But the band's music is not just country and western swing, it's also rockabilly, rhythm & blues and a bit of doo-wop, mixed in with some jazz & ragtime influences, mainly due to Per Dywling's trumpet. And you have to give the Rockabouts credit for producing an album entirely of original material, recorded and mastered at the Lonestar Recording Studios.

There are some fine authentic rockabilly recordings on this album, like "What You Do", "If You Want Me", "No No Baby" and the fabulous "Tarzan Rock", but the majority of the songs is more 40s style, rather than 50s rock 'n' roll. It is nevertheless a fantastic album, not in the last place because of Karin Sjöberg's excellent and sexy vocals. And for the jivers, there's more than enough on this platter to really Swing Into Action!

Tracklisting:

The Clayton Rag / Boogie Woogie Western Style / I Got You On My Mind / No One Else / Let Me Tell You / Wanderin' On My Own / Crazy For Your Love / Down In Mexico / What You Do / Jukejoint Mama / Boogie Woogie Shuffle / If You Want Me / Hold My Baby / It's Not Me Drinkin' That Bottle / A Lonely Heart / B-O-O-G-I-E- Makes A Boogie / Tell Me / Nothing To Be Compated To My Baby / Go For The Show / Tarzan Rock / No No Baby / The Secret Of Love / Pancake Boogie / I've Got You / Memories / Mr. Moon

Jed Clayton & The Rockabouts are:
Daniel Dywling - Vocals, Rhythm Guitar
Karin Sjöberg - Vocals
Andreas Carlson - Lead Guitar
Tommy Leidström - Bass
Markku Juvonen - Percussion
Janne Martensson - Percussion
Per Dywling - Trumpet
Sven Eriksson - Lap & Hip Steele

El Toro Records
P.O. Box 220
Pineda 08397
Barcelona
Spain
Tel & Fax +34 937 660 117
eltororecords@gmail.com
http://www.eltororecords.com

JED CLAYTON AND THE ROCKABOUTS 102_0

Arrow Jed Clayton & The Rockabouts - El Toro Records

JED CLAYTON AND THE ROCKABOUTS Jedclaytonswing
http://www.raucousrecords.com/rockabilly-cds_21/swing-into-action-cd_3575.aspx
Jum
Mega Rockin'
Mega Rockin'
Jum

Masculin Messages : 1389

MessageSujet: Re: JED CLAYTON AND THE ROCKABOUTS   JED CLAYTON AND THE ROCKABOUTS I_icon12Ven 11 Fév 2011 - 20:05

Excellent,vais être en manques de CD.... :5652:
JOLIO
Modérateur
Modérateur
JOLIO

Emploi/loisirs : artisan / guitare, steel guitar, net radio, pc et bien sur le rock'n'roll 50's et tout ce qui gravite autour

MessageSujet: Re: JED CLAYTON AND THE ROCKABOUTS   JED CLAYTON AND THE ROCKABOUTS I_icon12Ven 11 Fév 2011 - 20:09

N'en j'tés plus la cour est pleine !!....avec tous ces nouveaux groupes je n'arrive plus a suivre.....je suis en train d'écouter Lloyd Tripp et c'est excellent !! :8495:
Pvt ugly
Mega Rockin'
Mega Rockin'
Pvt ugly

Masculin Messages : 1520

MessageSujet: Re: JED CLAYTON AND THE ROCKABOUTS   JED CLAYTON AND THE ROCKABOUTS I_icon12Ven 11 Fév 2011 - 20:12

Hey, tu connais Loyd Tripp mon Jolio ??? Suis bien d'accord avec toi !!! J'adoooore !!!

Merci a Pearl pour les renseignements et a Bebop pour la decouverte !!! Allez hop, on rajoute les Rockabouts sur la wanted list !!!
JOLIO
Modérateur
Modérateur
JOLIO

MessageSujet: Re: JED CLAYTON AND THE ROCKABOUTS   JED CLAYTON AND THE ROCKABOUTS I_icon12Ven 11 Fév 2011 - 20:47

J'étais parti mangé, j'ai donc repris la lecture du cd.....y'a rien a jeter !!!
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: JED CLAYTON AND THE ROCKABOUTS   JED CLAYTON AND THE ROCKABOUTS I_icon12

JED CLAYTON AND THE ROCKABOUTS
Page 1 sur 1