FORUM ROCK A BILLIES FEVER
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

FORUM ROCK A BILLIES FEVER

♫ FORUM ROCK N ROLL, ROCKABILLY - FORTIES & FIFTIES ♫

AccueilDernières imagesRechercherS'enregistrerConnexion
-29%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
PC portable Gamer ERAZER DEPUTY P60 – 15,6” FHD 144Hz – i7-12è ...
999.99 € 1399.99 €
Voir le deal

THE CORDWOOD DRAGGERS

AuteurMessage
PEARLY
ADMIN & Fondatrice
ADMIN & Fondatrice
PEARLY

Féminin Messages : 24711

THE CORDWOOD DRAGGERS Empty
MessageSujet: THE CORDWOOD DRAGGERS   THE CORDWOOD DRAGGERS I_icon12Sam 21 Aoû 2010 - 0:50

A propos de CORDWOOD DRAGGERS :

The Cordwood Draggers started back in July 2002 and in those days were a three piece , no drums , just Double Bass , Lead Guitar & R/ Guitar /vocals , This line up , Mick Cocksedge , Eddie Potter & Jose Espinosa recorded 2 albums and played all over the world including VLV6 , Hemsby , Screamin' festivals + many other European/ USA cities . By 2005 Mick & Eddie said goodbye to Jose and said hello to Nick Hoadley ( Bass) & Tony Hillerbrandt ( Drums). As a Four piece the band have really taken off , playing VLV9 , Summer Jamboree ( Italy ) , another tour of the west coast USA , Sweden , Germany , Austria & France .

This line up in early 2007 recorded the criticlly acclaimed third CD (A Starlit Shindig With ........ ) and again the band had written the majority of songs themselves , proving once again that this band just gets better & better . 2007 found the boys Headin' back to the USA to play a tour on the East coast which inc shows in New York , New Jersey & Chicago with final shows at the Rockin' 50's Festival at Green Bay , and then on return even more shows in Germany & Europe & the UK. Late in 2007 they parted company with Nick and for the remaining shows that year had the pleasure of using the Bass playing skills of Neil Scott & Stuart Panamann ( thanks guys ) They have just released their latest CD ' A Good Ol' Country Jamboree ' on Rhythm Bomb , this release has the boys joined by Phil Morgan (pedal Steel) , Dave Priseman (Trumpet) , Jim Morrison ( Fiddle) & Slim ( Accordian & Piano) .

So the Cordwood Draggers go from strength to strength , you wont find to much 12 bar here , you wont hear the same old cover versions played over & over again , some people don't like them , they don't care , they only care about the people who come out to see them & buy there CD'S , not the people that follow bands because they think they have too . ONLY THE CORDWOOD DRAGGERS ARE 100% HILLBILLY !!!!!!!!!!!!.

Membres du groupe :

MICK COCKSEDGE - LEAD VOCALS & RHYTHM GUITAR

THE CORDWOOD DRAGGERS Myslideshow037-1

EDDIE POTTER - LEAD GUITAR

THE CORDWOOD DRAGGERS TheCordwoodDraggersm-1-1

TONY HILLEBRANDT - DRUMS

THE CORDWOOD DRAGGERS Tony1copywm-1

STEWART PANAMANN - UPRIGHT BASS

THE CORDWOOD DRAGGERS ACECAFEAUG2008092-1-1

SPACE :

http://www.myspace.com/cordwooddraggers
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
PEARLY
ADMIN & Fondatrice
ADMIN & Fondatrice
PEARLY

MessageSujet: Re: THE CORDWOOD DRAGGERS   THE CORDWOOD DRAGGERS I_icon12Sam 21 Aoû 2010 - 0:53

A Starlit Shindig With... The Cordwood Draggers

El Toro Records, ETCD 4012

THE CORDWOOD DRAGGERS Starlitshindig1

Back in 2002, in London, United Kingdom, The Cordwood Draggers started out as a three piece band with just Upright Bass, Rhythm Guitar and Lead Guitar. The line-up back then was: Mick Cocksedge, Eddie Potter and Jose Espinosa. They recorded two albums (My Baby's Like A Rocketship & Radiation Bop) and played all over the world including Viva Las Vegas 6, Screamin', Hemsby and many other European and American cities. When Jose left the band, Nick Hoadley came playing the Double Bass and was quickly followed by Tony Hillebrandt on Drums. In this line-up the band has really taken off. The boys played at VLV 9, Summer Jamboree (Italy), toured Sweden, Germany, Austria, France and the west coast USA. This is the third CD of The Cordwood Draggers and they have written the majority of songs themselves. "Starlit Shindig" was recorded and mixed on 22nd October 2005 and 3rd March 2006 at The Exchange Studio Camden, London, by Mark Rankin and The Cordwood Draggers. All songs were recorded in "glorious mono" live to tape using ribbon mics, tube amps and tape echo, which gives this album it's original sound.

So let's listen to The Cordwood Draggers!

The opener on this CD is a really nice one. It starts with the selection of a real Jukebox, you can actually hear this mighty machine pick its platter! A great Hillbilly tune is what it found and it's called "Jukebox Tell My Baby". Next on the list is "Kwitchurbelyakin". Well, what's in a word? I've tried to pronounce it, but after a half hour I quit, you're better off listen to this fine Rockabilly song. For "Game Of Love" the Draggers have asked Phil Morgan to play the Pedal Steel, and he does it in a very good way, just as he did on opening song of this CD. Nice song, this one! "Falling For You" is a ballad with backing vocals from The Roomates, which for me personally has done the job, without The Roomates I probably wouldn't like this song, so it's a very, very good thing that they were around! Okay, let's get some Rockabilly: "Where'd Ya Stay Last Night?", stompin' beat and great Guitar play! And then a song which will appeal to all Hot Rodders among us:"255 Flattie", it will you take you home...

Not only Hillbilly Guitar and Bass in "Ten Year Itch" but I love the drums in this song. Count down to "Little Martian Honey" this is just the song for me, I like the Double Bass on this one so much, I had to listen to it over and over again! My favourite! And I do like little Martian Honeys... So, back on track with a real great shuffle "Honestly". Shure like The Roomates again. Nice Lap Steel, played by Eddie Potter, and again Bass on this Hillbilly "Lover's Moon". For all truckdrivers there's "Lonesome Truck Driver Blues", steady beat with Pedal Steel by Phil Morgan. The last one on this CD is "Rock Boppin' Again", dance the night away with this one, you won't regret it!! Twelve great songs, all of them first class! I rate this one four and half star, and that because I am a Rockabilly man by nature, and as The Cordwood Draggers say themselves: Only The Cordwood Draggers are 100% Hillbilly !!!!!!

Tracklisting:

Jukebox Tell My Baby / Kwitchurbelyakin / Game Of Love / Falling For You / Where'd Ya Stayed Last Night? / 255 Flattie / Ten Year Itch / Little Martian Honey / Honestly / Lover's Moon / Lonesome Truck Drivers Blues / Rock Boppin' Again

The Cordwood Draggers are:

Mick Cocksedge - Vocals, Rhythm Guitar
Eddie Potter - Lead Guitar (Lap Steel on track #10)
Nick Hoadley - Double Bass, Backing Vocals
Tony Hillebrandt - Drums

Guest musicians:

Phil Morgan - Pedal Steel on tracks 1, 3 & 11
The Roomates - Backing Vocals on tracks 4 & 9 (courtesy of Ace Records)

Contact Information:
http://www.myspace.com/corwooddraggers
cordwoody53@hotmail.com

Bookings:
gocatgo99@hotmail.com

El Toro Records
P.O. Box 220
Pineda 08397
Barcelona
Spain
Tel & Fax +34 937 660 117
eltororecords@gmail.com
http://www.eltororecords.com

Source : http://www.rockabilly.nl/reviews/starlitshindig.htm
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
PEARLY
ADMIN & Fondatrice
ADMIN & Fondatrice
PEARLY

MessageSujet: Re: THE CORDWOOD DRAGGERS   THE CORDWOOD DRAGGERS I_icon12Sam 21 Aoû 2010 - 0:59

'Lover's Moon' -- The Cordwood Draggers