FORUM ROCK A BILLIES FEVER
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

FORUM ROCK A BILLIES FEVER

♫ FORUM ROCK N ROLL, ROCKABILLY - FORTIES & FIFTIES ♫

AccueilDernières imagesRechercherS'enregistrerConnexion
-39%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Pack Home Cinéma Magnat Monitor : Ampli DENON AVR-X2800H, Enceinte ...
1190 € 1950 €
Voir le deal

ANNITA

3 participants
AuteurMessage
PEARLY
ADMIN & Fondatrice
ADMIN & Fondatrice
PEARLY

Féminin Messages : 24711

ANNITA Empty
MessageSujet: ANNITA   ANNITA I_icon12Mer 30 Juin 2010 - 23:48

ANNITA 3ANNITA Abouttitle

Most of y'all mean while know this Dutch diva from performing with her Austin Playboys or being a guestsinger with the Paladins. Annita started her career as one of the two galsingers from the Haystack Hi-tones. With this band she successfully toured all over Europe, played Hemsby twice and the group was the first Dutch band to play the famous "Viva Las Vegas" rockabilly festival in April 2000. After touring in the USA with the band, Annita stayed in Austin, TX for a while where she met the Horton Brothers. Sitting in with them on stage and recording a song for fun at Billy Horton's " Fort Horton Studios", she decided to make a solo record with these musicians.

She flew back to Texas a few times to record half of her first and meanwhile very successfull album
"What Good'll It Do Me". Annita quit the Haystack Hi-tones at the end of 2000 to jump into her solo-career, which didn't take long to become a big success. With her Austin Playboys (indeed, from Austin-Texas) she often performed in the USA, toured around Europe and in July 2002 Annita & the Austin Playboys performed at the world's biggest festival: the rockabilly weekender in Greenbay, Wisconsin.

They made a huge impression on the audience and in several reviews Annita was praised for her great voice and even called the best galsinger in the 50's scene these days.
The legendary Paladins from San Diego saw Annita perform in March 2001 in Austin for the first time and were very impressed by her powerfull voice and appearance. Dave Gonzales labels Annita as "the gal with Torque" and "the Young Wanda Jackson meets Little Loretta Lynn" .

In 2001 and 2002 Annita was invited to join the Paladins for some European and USA tours, which were really successfull and proved that Annita is not only "big" in singing westernswing, jazz and country, but also tears the house down using her powerfull voice singing rockabilly and blues.
Due to a terrible car accident in November 2002, Annita got badly wounded and had to put her career on hold for more than a year.

Finally she's back on her feet again and these days she is backed up by her Dutch "Starbombers", better known as the Barnstompers, a band that's been playing the best westernswing for over 12 years now. Like the last 8 songs of Annita's cd "What Good'll It Do Me", which were recorded with these same guys, this new band has a honky-tonkin', (western)swinging, jazzy but rockin' sound.

http://www.annita.nl
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
PEARLY
ADMIN & Fondatrice
ADMIN & Fondatrice
PEARLY

Féminin Messages : 24711

ANNITA Empty
MessageSujet: Re: ANNITA   ANNITA I_icon12Mer 30 Juin 2010 - 23:50

ANNITA Discotitle
ANNITA Cover
Complete Track Listing:

- Bigelow 6-200
- I'm Going Hunting Tonight
- Fickle Heart
- This Should Go On Forever
- Friction Heat
- Hi Diddle Dee
- Why Don't You Haul Off And Love Me
- Twice The Lovin' (In Half The Time)
- Hello Baby
- Loose Talk
- I've Stopped My Dreamin' About You
- I've Waiting Just For You
- 10:10 Am
- What Good'll It Do Me
- You Can't Have My Love
- Columbus Stockade Blues
- Mr. Misery
- Lovey Dovey
- The Honeymoon's Over

"What good'll it do me"

… you ask? Well my friends, it'll do you a whole mess of good to pick up this, the first long-player from Annita, one of Holland's greatest natural recources (that voice… those eyes… that smile!). Our "Haystack Hi-tones" gal has stepped out on her own -and believe me, she's really hitting stride on this one! Graced with the guest talents of some of the worlds finest musicians and vocalists (check out the credits!) and recorded in both the US and the Netherlands, this authentic 50's sounding record manages to capture the get-gone spirit of the honky tonks as well as the hi-heeled sounds of the city. "What good'll it do me"… you ask? Well my friend, the answer is in these 19 tracks. Buy this cd, dig the grooves, tell a friend….
and you'll see how much good it'll do y'all!

Big Sandy May 2002

I'd Surprise You, Annita & The Starbombers
Barn Records BARN CD 104

ANNITA Annitaandthestarbombers1
Isn't she beautiful, our own Dutch Diva Annita... of course she is, but she can also sing the stars out of the sky! What a blessing, having a voice like that. And her musical style? Well, that's a bit harder to pin down, because Annita sings a variety of styles like rockabilly, western swing, country music and then some. Imagine Patsy Cline, Andrews Sisters and Marti Brom, and a dozen more American country ladies, put all the music in an vintage oak wine barrel, shake firmly, and out comes... Annita & The Starbombers!

Of course the Starbombers are only named Starbombers for the occasion, they are actually The Barnstompers and they belong to the best bands in this genre in Europe. No kidding! Superb musicians each and every one of them, and what a great team they make together with Annita.
This new CD presents a wide varietry of well chosen cover songs, the kind you don't hear every day anymore, but really need to be remembered. The opener is Bob Weldon's "Mr. Fly-By-Nihgt", and the title song is Jan Smith's "I'd Surpise You". Honestly, how long has it been since you heard that song? Just wonderful.

I hear songs of Tennessee Ernie Ford, Loretta Lynn, Hank Thompson, James O'Gwynn, Charline Arthur, Ann Jones and Faron Young. I'm not even sure if I recognise 'em all, but I surely do like Annita's rendition of Patsy Cline's "Strange".
For the rockabilly fans I must add a note, I would file this album under Country, not Rockabilly, but I'm pretty sure most of you will love this kind of music just as much. Great album!

Reviewed by The BlackCat, 2010

Tracklisting:
Mr. Fly-By-Night / Which One Is To Blame / It'd Surprise You / I'll Never Be Free / Stop / I'll Keep On Loving You / I Wish I'd Never / Barbed Wire Love / I Gotta Have You / Columbus G.A. / Trying To Forget You / Burn That Candle / Not Anymore / You Won't Find Me Singing The Blues For You / Strange / We Did / I Hear You Talking

Annita & The Starbombers (Barnstompers) are:
Annita Langereis - Lead Vocals
K.C. Byrd - Lead Guitar, Lapsteel, Vocals
Rutger Berends - Drums, Vocals
J.J. Slijk - Rhythm Guitar, Vocals
Jeroen "Larry Tulip" Haagedoorn - Double bass, Vocals
Guest: Eddie Byrd - 2nd Lead Guitar

Contact & Bookings:
Annita: +31 (0)297 255297
annita@xs4all.nl
http://www.annita.nl
http://www.myspace.com/annitanl